As we begin to navigate the world of events in 2022, with this year’s trends in mind, we continue to shape our product and feature offerings to support you: today’s hardworking event professionals.
We seek to offer you the best of event technology so you can continue to bring stand-out shared experiences to your audiences — whether those experiences are in person, virtual, or hybrid.
Here’s a rundown of product updates released this month and some information on how you can use them to power your next event.
In this roundup:
Simplifying event creation
Organizing an event is no small task. These new features make the process easier by reducing the time it takes to create and publish your event.
You can now:
- Create Sessions right from the Schedule Builder: When adding segments, select Create New to enter the Sessions builder without navigating to a separate page.
- Bulk edit tags and speakers: Select multiple tags and speakers to edit them in one go.
- Limit schedule segments attendees see based on ticket type: Attendees will no longer have access to any schedule segments restricted by their ticket type.
- Tap into new search and filtering capabilities: Quickly find a specific session via a search bar on the Sessions page using new filters to slice and dice search results by tags, date, and ticket type.
Optimizing the attendee experience
At Hopin, we’re always looking for ways to improve the experience attendees have at events. These updates directly support that experience, with some offering improved accessibility and others aiming to prevent information overload so attendees can focus on what matters: the experience you’ve created for them.
Attendees can now:
- Access closed captioning on the Stage: Last month we released closed captions in Sessions and this month we’ve expanded this accessibility feature to the Stage. This will benefit any attendee who needs or wants to read closed captions during an event.
- Get all their notifications in one place: They can choose which notifications they want to receive and how they want to be notified.
- Tap into speaker recognition functionality: The current speaker will now be highlighted so attendees can easily identify who is speaking in their session.
The Hopin Live Chat and Q&A features are a great way to drive interaction with your speakers and content. But too much noise can be distracting for attendees.
With that in mind, you can now:
- Easily clear the chat from the Organizer Venue Controls or the Live Event: This allows attendees to start each event segment with a clean slate. And don’t worry, the chat history is preserved so you won’t lose any messages.
- Better manage the Q&A panel: To avoid repetition and keep the conversation flowing, we introduced a new user interface for liking, replying, and removing questions. We’ve also increased the character limit so attendees can provide more detail when submitting their questions. In early February, organizers will be able to mark questions and filter questions that have already been answered, keeping conversations on track and preventing repeat questions.
Enhancing event production elements
A few new features are enhancing event production quality. Event organizers using the Hopin backstage powered by StreamYard can now:
- Crop the solo layout to reveal background features: Enhance your brand with the new cropped solo layout. Navigate to Settings then Layouts, where you can crop your layout to reveal the surrounding background.
- Add background music to your streams: Navigate to the Brand tab where you can choose from eight songs, adjust volume, and toggle looping on and off.
Expanding tech integrations
Our expanded lineup of integrations now offers more ways for you to optimize your event marketing efforts.
You can now:
- Export data to ActiveCampaign: This new integration allows you to export registrations and attendee statuses from Hopin to ActiveCampaign as lists.
- Eliminate overwritten magic links with Marketo: If you have attendees joining more than one event, they can now receive separate magic links for each one via Hopin’s Marketo integration.
Get early access to Hopin product updates
For more information on all our products and features, visit our knowledge center. And if you’d like to get early access to Hopin product updates –– straight to your inbox –– subscribe to our monthly release notes today.